Li-Cycle is seeking a Senior Process Engineer Lead to act as the Process Engineering Lead for a new technology moving through our commercialization pipeline.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- The role will initially require the successful candidate to act as the Process Engineering Lead on the project consisting of the following responsibilities:
- Review of testing and engineering work done to-date to identify gaps
- Develop a pilot testing plan and support pilot testing to be carried out at Li-Cycle’s hydrometallurgical pilot plant
- Ensure sufficient data is gathered during the pilot testing campaign for scale-up of the technology
- The Process Engineering Lead role will include, but not be limited to, regular communication with the Li-Cycle R&D team and external contractors responsible for pilot testing
- Following the pilot plant campaign, the successful candidate will transition to a Project Management role with the following responsibilities:
- Plan for and manage all aspects of the project, including engineering, permitting, and construction
- Manage project budget and schedule through all phases of the project
- Regular reporting to Li-Cycle Senior Management and Executive team on status of the project
- Help to build the Li-Cycle team to support project execution (i.e., discipline engineering, engineering management, construction management)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 8 years experience in process engineering or project management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.